Saturday, July 19, 2014

Protein Oat Bread









     Tonight I was wanting to make Garlic Bread to go with dinner, so why not try and make my own Protein Oat Bread to experiment with!!!???  I have been following Anna Sward on her blog Protein Pow as well as her website www.proteinpow.com, and I found a handy dandy protein chart she put up with descriptions of each type of protein powders and what they do best.  So I had a little Rice Protein on hand and so I thought I would take a stab at creating my own Protein Bread!  Not too bad if I do say so myself!!!  I will say that it is not very tall, so if you are wanting sandwich bread you will need to slice it horizontally.  For me, I think I will just use this bread to make garlic toast or use it as a bread and butter side dish.  Hope you will come out and play and give this a try!!!  The Macro's rock too, I was able to easily get 14 slices out of this bread~ each slice has 52.35 calories, 2.5g carbs and 7.15g protein.

Ingredients~
1/2 cup Gluten Free Oats, ground to powder in Magic Bullet
1/2 cup Rice Protein Powder, unflavored
1/4 cup Psyllium
1 1/2 cup liquid Egg Whites
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
Dash Garlic Powder
Dash Salt
Dash Pepper

      Stir together after grinding Oats and pour into parchment paper lined bread pan and bake at 325 for 35 minutes, or until firm to the touch or toothpick comes out clean.  Remove and cool, store left overs in frig.  Enjoy  :)

Garlic Toast~ After slicing bread, coat with Spray Butter and sprinkle with Garlic Powder and broil til golden brown.  Enjoy  ;)

1 comment:

  1. Traffic-free surrounds and a pristine beach ensure Hotel Vila Ombak is an idyllic getaway. The hotel is close to magnificent snorkelling and diving sites, and has its own diving academy with fully qualified instructors to cater for all levels of diving abilities.
    friv jogos online
    jogos online 2019
    friv jogos 4 school online

    ReplyDelete