Thursday, July 24, 2014

Berry Brie Balsamic Bacon Salad








     Do you realize that your choice of Protein does not always have to be 4 ounces of  baked Chicken Breast!!!???  If you haven't heard me swoon over The Fresh Market Turkey Bacon in the Meat Case then listen up ... it's good and it's lean and you need to go buy some !!!  And its great in Salads !!!  I loved adding Brie as a protein as well, I have never had that on Salad before but I'm glad I experimented with it, as it added a wonderful hint of cheese in with every bite.  This beauty only has  267 calories, 20g carbs and 12.25g protein. If you want more protein, then go ahead and add the 2oz Chicken Breast to make it 317 calories, 20g carbs and 23.25g protein.  This was almost too pretty to eat, ... but I got over that quickly ...  ;)

Ingredients~
2 ounces torn Romaine Leaves
1 ounce torn Kale Leaves
2 ounces sliced Strawberries
1 ounce Blueberries
1 ounce diced fresh Pineapple
10 grams ( about 4) roasted Pecans, broken into pieces
1/2 ounce Brie, diced
1 Green Onion, diced
1 cooked and crumbled slice of Turkey Bacon from The Fresh Market Meat Case
1 Tablespoon Balsamic Glaze
Salt and Pepper, to taste

     Start out by mixing your greens on a salad plate.  Top with Berries and Pineapple, followed by Turkey and Pecans and finish with Brie and Onion.  Finish by drizzling a Tablespoon of Balsamic Glaze in a decorative pattern. Salt and Pepper to taste.  Enjoy  ;)


1 comment:

  1. I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to undertand. Unlike additional blogs I have read which are really not tht good. I also found your posts very interesting. In fact after reading. I had to go show it to my friend and he ejoyed it as well!
    jogos friv online
    Jogos live
    jogos friv 4 school

    ReplyDelete