Sunday, July 20, 2014

DIY Coconut Butter








     A lot of the recipes I have come across have called for Coconut Butter lately.  I was not that familiar with this, so I decided to do a little investigation and what I decided was that I could do this myself!!!  Why pay top dollar for what I can create in my own kitchen for a fraction of the price, as well as control how much I have on hand!  Voila  ;)  And guess what... it only has ONE INGREDIENT...unsweetened, dried coconut, either shredded or flakes !!!  It is recommended to use 7 cups to yield about 2 cups of butter, less than that it is hard to get the right consistency.  Also, the larger amount of coconut you use makes it easier to blend and tamp down, especially in the Vitamix.  The Vitamix is recommended over your Food Processor because the Processor may take 15-20 minutes while the Vitamix takes about 2 minutes, while tamping down continuously.  I used the Vitamix on high for one minute while tamping, stir and then do about 2 more sets of 30 seconds each, checking after each segment.  Stop and scrape down the sides as needed.  The coconut will go through three stages on its way to turning into butter.  First the texture will be finely shredded, then thin out into a grainy liquid, then finally turn into a smooth, thick liquid.  The finished butter will seem runny, but when you taste it the texture will be like thick, sticky, slightly grainy peanut butter.  Pour the butter into a glass jar and let it cool to room temperature so it has a solid but spreadable consistency, no need to store in frig.  Cover and store at room temperature.  Enjoy  ;)

1 comment:

  1. This web-site is actually a walk-through it really is the info you wished with this and didn’t know who must. Glimpse here, and you’ll definitely discover it.
    jogos friv gratis
    Jogos online
    jogos 4 school

    ReplyDelete