Monday, May 5, 2014

Homemade Tahini






     Have you been to the Market lately to purchase jarred Tahini!? Its EXPENSIVE !!! ... not to mention hard to stir !!!  I about broke my wrist the last time I had a hankering for Hummus !!! :0  So, I was getting ready to make some Edamame Hummus and I thought to myself, "Self, why not just make your own, it can't be that hard and has to be cheaper, make what I need and taste better" ... Myself was right !!!  This is so darn simple, you will laugh that you ever bought jarred before.  So here's the skinny on Tahini for 1/2 cup ( I just made a 1/2 cup because that is what my recipe called for and I only wanted to make what I needed to keep it fresh).

Ingredients for 1/2 cup yield~
1/2 cup Sesame Seeds
2 Tablespoons EVOO
Salt to taste

     Bake Sesame Seeds on foil lined cookie sheet at 350 for 6 minutes, remove from oven and mix and re spread and bake another 6 minutes, or until browning and fragrant.  Remove immediately from pan to halt cooking.  When cooled, pour in your Food Processor and grind for 1 minute, while processing drizzle in the EVOO.  Continue processing another minute or two til smooth paste forms.  If too dry, continue to add EVOO 1 teaspoon at a time, but I don't think you will.  Season to taste.  If not using right away, you can store in air tight container for up to a month in the fridge.  Enjoy  ;)

2 comments:

  1. There are a couple of intriguing points soon enough in this article but I do not know if them all center to heart. There is certainly some validity but I am going to take hold opinion until I explore it further.
    friv jogos online
    jogos online 2019
    friv jogos 4 school online

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://foodfitnessbypaige.blogspot.com/2014/05/homemade-tahini.html?showComment=1558802804765#c4500899850555776601

    ReplyDelete