Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pan Charred Sweet Potatoes



     I don't know about you, but I LOVE Sweet Potatoes !!!  I love them every way they can be fixed !!!  Mostly, I love them plain, baked, chilled and eaten straight from the frig as a dessert fill in snack !!!  Did I mention how much I LOVE them !!!???  Anyhoo, I had a few left over baked sweet potatoes and I decided to give a whirl to pan charring them and see what the sugars do during this high heat cooking process.  And, as expected it worked out great !!!  The charring really brought out the delicious sweetness of the starches in the potato.  I will definitely try this again soon  :)

    Pierce potato and wrap in foil, bake in foil lined pan at 400 for an hour and a half.  Cool and chill.  When ready to char, slice potato in several rings, and heat a nonstick skillet on high heat for 2 minutes then spray with Pam Olive Oil.  Immediately lay slices in hot skillet and let it char for 2 minutes with out moving, after that turn over and let the other side start to char.  Keep a close eye on the potatoes and turn every so often til desired charring occurs.  Enjoy  ;)

1 comment:

  1. Excellent article. Very interesting to read. I really love to read such a nice article. Thanks! keep rocking. jogos friv gratis 2019
    Jogos 2019
    jogos friv

    ReplyDelete