Monday, March 3, 2014

Buffalo Cauliflower Tostada



     Who among us doesn't LOVE LOVE LOVE Mexican !?  I know I do, ... so when I go out to eat Mexican my Healthy Tip I figured out is to strategize my first 5 minutes after I sit down!  I order a side salad immediately  with out croutons or cheese, and ask for a bowl of salsa to come with my side salad. I DONT touch the chips til my salad arrives and when it does, I pour the bowl of salsa on top of my salad and crumble 5-6 large chips on top and eat slowly while everyone else DEVOURS baskets of chips and salsa !!!  Meanwhile, I am perfectly satisfied because I am getting all the flavor and the crunch as everyone else !!!  PERFECTION  I leave a happy camper ... especially because I try a bite or two of what everyone else has ordered for a fraction of the calories !!!  But when I want the other stuff I make my own !!!  And why not, especially when you have healthy alternatives available !!!  Enjoy  ;)

Ingredients for the Cauliflower Tostada:
1 head of Cauliflower cleaned and diced into crumbles ( I use my Pampered Chef dicer, or you can use a food processor~ just as long as you get the crumbled consistency ~ my head made 5 cups )
1 egg
1/2 cup egg white
dash salt and pepper to taste
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon dried onions
1 cup shredded mozzarella

     Mix all together and form into small thin circles and bake at 450 for 15-20 minutes, depending on how crispy you want your cauliflower shell. This will make SEVERAL, so you will have plenty to freeze for next time!  Enjoy ;)

Topping:
1 Onion
Diced Garlic
Tabasco
1 Tablespoon EVOO
1 pound Ground Bison/Buffalo ( 190 cal per 4 oz/ 23 gms protein)
1 Taco seasonings packet
1 can Black Beans
Corn ( optional)
Diced Tomato
Shredded Lettuce
Diced Green Onions
Avocado Slices
Shredded Cheddar
Salsa
Light Ranch

     Brown Onion, Garlic and a few drops Tabasco to taste in 1 Tablespoon EVOO til golden brown. After cooked thru, add Bison and brown til cooked through~ Drain off fat.  Add Taco Seasoning and 3/4 cup water to simmer down 4-5 minutes, add beans and corn til heated through. After Cauliflower shell had cooked to desired crispiness, add your heated meat mixture and top with lettuce, tomato, cheese, avocado, salsa or light ranch~ let your conscience be your guide !!!  Enjoy !!! Ole' ;)
PS  Serve with carrots and homemade Guacamole


1 comment:

  1. this is a wonderful article, given so much info in it, these type of articles keeps the users interest in the website, and keep on sharing more ... good luck
    jogos friv gratis
    Jogos online
    jogos 4 school

    ReplyDelete